ANU - direct application update
ANU recognise that 2020 has brought unprecedented challenges for students. The impact of COVID-19 has caused significant disruptions to Year 12 studies that could impact on students’ ability to perform to the best of their ability.
With this in mind, we have adapted the admissions process for study in 2021.
To recognise this, we will now make offers based on Year 11 results on 10 August 2020, and these will be honoured for study in 2021 as long as they complete Year 12.
What does this mean?
We want to provide certainty and be as flexible as possible to allow your students to attend ANU in 2021.
- If your student is eligible and they have applied by 25 May 2020, they will receive an offer on 10 August 2020 based on their Year 11 results.
- If your student accepts their offer, all they need to do is complete Year 12 in order to study at ANU in 2021.
- If their Year 11 results do not meet the entry requirements for ANU, students can still be assessed on their Year 12 results and may be eligible to receive an unconditional offer on 23 December 2020 or when ATARs are released.
- If your student receives an offer for a program that is not their first preference, they can still change their preferences and be re-assessed for a new unconditional offer based on their year 12 results.
- As meeting the co-curriculum and service requirements within Year 12 has been disrupted, we have adjusted our commitment requirements and schedule.
- Given the circumstances, we will be offering extra support to our first-year cohort in 2021, to better assist with the transition to university.
Swinburne Early Entry Scheme 2021 for specific courses
Swinburne Early Entry Scheme - 2021
A different way to enter uni that won't depend on your ATAR. For Semester 1, 2021 only.
It’s been a tough year (tougher for some than others). And so, to restore balance in the universe, we’re making early conditional offers (as early as August!) based on a recommendation from your school. This isn’t an easy way out, it’s a determined person’s way forward.
You’ll still need to complete Year 12 and achieve specific subject study scores to receive a full offer, but you won’t have to sweat the ATAR you end up with.
Launching this year is the ACU Guarantee program, which will allow Year 12 students to gain entry to ACU based on their Year 11 results.
Opening in August for 2021 applications, the ACU Guarantee program will see offers made as early as September – although you must still complete your Year 12 exams to qualify.
Victorian tertiary applications - VTAC Key Dates 2020Key VTAC application dates for 2020/21 are listed below.
Applications open for courses, SEAS, and scholarships Monday 3 August 2020 Timely course applications close Wednesday 30 September 2020 SEAS and Scholarships applications close Friday 9 October 2020 VCE results and ATAR released to students Wednesday 30 December 2020 Change of preference deadline for January offers 12pm, Monday 4 January 2021 January offers released Thursday 14 January 2021
Important Changes to Entry to Undergraduate Medicine - University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT)
Entry to Medicine
Students commencing Year 12 in 2020 and planning to apply for any of the following university courses listed below, are reminded that registrations for the UCAT (University Clinical Aptitude Test) open in March 2020. In the meantime, students who are preparing for entry into these courses are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the practice tests and preparation material provided at UCAT Preparation
The University of Adelaide - Medicine, Dental Surgery, Oral Health
Curtin University - Medicine
Monash University - Medicine
The University of New South Wales - Medicine
The University of Queensland - Medicine (provisional entry), Dental Science
University of Tasmania - Medicine
The University of Western Australia - Medicine (Direct Pathway), Dental Medicine (Direct Pathway)
Western Sydney University - Medicine
The University of Auckland - Medicine
University of Otago - Medicine, Dental Surgery