VCA and MCM School Programs
The Victorian College of the Arts (VCA) runs a series of engaging events throughout the year, which have been specially designed for senior secondary school students and their teachers. Details are yet to be finalised, however students are invited to register participation for any of the events in our annual program series via the event listings here. Events will be available in Dance, Film & Television, Music Theatre, Production, Theatre and Visual Arts.
The Melbourne Conservatorium of Music (MCM) also runs a series of events for Year 10-12 secondary school students and teachers can also register to receive more information at this link.
Key VTAC dates for 2017/2018
Applications open: 9am, Monday 7 August 2017
Timely applications close: 5pm, Thursday 28 September 2017
Release of ATAR and VCE results: 7am, Friday 15 December
Release of Round 1 offers: 16 January
*** Please note, some courses close August 31.
Beyond School Study Guide
The Department of Education and Training (DET) has produced the Beyond School study guide - the Guide is a digital resource for year 10-12 students providing information about Australian Government assistance so they are able to make informed choices about their future studies. There are 9 resources included:
- Three tertiary education explainer infographics:
- Higher education or VET? – Provides information about each sector so that students can understand what type/level of qualification they may need to get to the career they want.
- Pathways to university – Provides examples of ways that students can access higher education (e.g. bridging course; VET/sub-bachelor studies; ATAR) and points them to apply for uni via their relevant TAC.
- Choose your own higher education adventure – A flow chart for higher education students to select options that apply to them and find which HELP loan is most suitable for their study choices.
- One HELP loan comparison ‘cheat sheet’ – a table to compare each different loan and provide information about when a student might access each one.
- Five fact sheets – one for each of the four HELP loan schemes (HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP, OS-HELP, SA-HELP) and one for the VET Student Loans program, that provide basic information about each.
To access the guide, CLICK HERE
Students commencing Year 12 in 2018, and planning to apply for any of the following university courses - Courses requiring the UMAT - are reminded that part of selection into these courses requires that students sit the UMAT – Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admissions Test. Students might like to browse UMAT Preparation Strategy.
Applications are now open.
For more information, and/or to apply visit UMAT2018 or call (03) 8508 7643.