Beyond School Study Guide
The Department of Education and Training (DET) has produced the Beyond School study guide - the Guide is a digital resource for year 10-12 students providing information about Australian Government assistance so they are able to make informed choices about their future studies. There are 9 resources included:
- Three tertiary education explainer infographics:
- Higher education or VET? – Provides information about each sector so that students can understand what type/level of qualification they may need to get to the career they want.
- Pathways to university – Provides examples of ways that students can access higher education (e.g. bridging course; VET/sub-bachelor studies; ATAR) and points them to apply for uni via their relevant TAC.
- Choose your own higher education adventure – A flow chart for higher education students to select options that apply to them and find which HELP loan is most suitable for their study choices.
- One HELP loan comparison ‘cheat sheet’ – a table to compare each different loan and provide information about when a student might access each one.
- Five fact sheets – one for each of the four HELP loan schemes (HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP, OS-HELP, SA-HELP) and one for the VET Student Loans program, that provide basic information about each.
To access the guide, CLICK HERE
Students commencing Year 12 in 2018, and planning to apply for any of the following university courses - Courses requiring the UMAT - are reminded that part of selection into these courses requires that students sit the UMAT – Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admissions Test. Students might like to browse UMAT Preparation Strategy.
Applications are now open.
For more information, and/or to apply visit UMAT2018 or call (03) 8508 7643.
VTAC 2018-2019 application dates
Applications open: Monday, 6 August 2018
Close of timely applications: Thursday, 27 September 2018
Close of SEAS applications: Tuesday, 9 October 2018
Close of Scholarship applications: Friday, 12 October 2018
*Please note, some courses close August 31.
ANU Tuckwell Scholarship 2018 Applications
Key dates for the Tuckwell Scholarship application process for students in Year 12 in 2018 are now available.
Australian National University (ANU) launched the Tuckwell Scholarship Program in 2013. Receiving a Tuckwell Scholarship – valued at over $21,000 per year for the length of an undergraduate degree - is not just about a students’ intellect. It is also about their desire and determination to use their natural abilities to realise their full potential so that they can make a difference in the world.
5 March 2018
Stage 1 Applications open
22 March 2018
Stage 1 Applications due: 3:00pm (AEDT)